School News Headteacher Our Catholic Life
Nursery Reception Year 1 Year 2
Year 3 Year 4 Year 5 Year 6
PTA Literacy Focus
We hope you will enjoy exploring our blogs and join with us to support and encourage our children in their learning by leaving comments on our posts. Click here for help with leaving comments.
- Year 6 enjoying Scooter Day!
- Everyone had a wonderful time during the scooter fun day. Well done to everyone who took part.
- Wow! Yesterday was amazing! The children had a great time in the sun!
- We have had a super last day in year 5 ... Bring on year 6!
Have a fabulous summer everyone! You have worked so so hard this year!
- We had fun going on the scooters today. We were riding over wooden ramps and whizzing around the tight bends.
"My favourite bit was the see saw ramp." Erin
"I liked the loud music as I went around." Kian
"My best bit was the up and down ramp. I did a jump." Abigail
"I liked the smooth path." Lottee
- Today we have made our brains ache when trying to solve this maths shape puzzle! I told the children that the shapes combine to make a regular 2D shape.
We persevered and worked hard on this challenge!
- These children have kept up their positive behaviour right up until the end of the year. Well done to them all.
- We visited the new wetlands area at Golborne High School today and we had a fabulous time.
We looked at maps and pictures of our local area and thought about how these places make us feel, before heading off to the wetlands to make some more observations. We sketched things that we found interesting and made notes on how we felt in the wetlands environment. Mrs Thorpe from Golborne High School also helped us to do some super science work, testing the PH of the water to make sure the water is safe for animals and plants, and thinking about the wetlands as a habitat. These were the comments from some of the children:
Matthew - I felt clam and relaxed because of the flowers and the water.
Hannah - The open spaces made me feel free.
Eve - I feel inspired to know that people have made this area because they care for our environment and want us to learn.
Thank you very much Golborne High School.
- We had great fun making our curry sauce and choosing the vegetables we would like in our curry sauce. Everyone worked really well to chop the stinky garlic and grate the onions, even though they made us cry!
- What a brilliant trip we had to Robin Park Arena to watch the orchestra perform the BBC's 'Ten Pieces'. We even got to join in with this wonderful concert when we performed 'Connect It', a body percussion piece of music.
- Unfortunately, we didn't get to see Queen Elizabeth. Although a couple of the children thought they saw her peeping out from one of the windows. A final lunch break in Green Park before heading home. What a fabulous time we had.
- We have had a very tasty day in Nursery today. After reading the story called 'Oliver's fruit salad,' we were so lucky to be able to try lots of different fruits. Some of them were familiar, but many of them were new to our tastebuds. We all managed to have a try of something in out fruit salad.
Some of the words we used to describe the fruit were, 'crunchy, tangy, spicy, juicy, wet, slippery and sweet.'
We then asked the children what their favourite fruit was and made a pictogram of the results, they all liked to hear each other's ideas and were eager to find out the most favourite!
Ask your child about their fruit tasting experience and hear about their favourite.
- We have had lots of fun with Miss Collins and the team this year and we have learned lots of great new skills.
- We had a great time at the zoo. We saw lots of amazing animals. There was a cheeky monkey who jumped on Mrs O and tried to get into her bag and a pesky seagull bounced off her head. It was really funny. Did you know that a sea lion has ears and a seal does not. The gorillas were hiding under some hay and they thought we could not see them.
- Today we have had a visit from a dental health nurse. We have listened to some very important messages about what we need our teeth for and how we should look after them. Canine the dog, helped us to understand what we should and shouldn't eat, to help keep our teeth healthy.
Ask your child something they have learned from the dental nurse today.
- We are all growing up so fast and becoming more independent now. We all try really hard to get undressed and put our P.E kits on. We have lots of fun in the big hall, using our bodies in many different ways. Can you see the different ways we are using our bodies to travel and move?
Ask your child what they like the most about our P.E times.
- Congratulations to all the year six children this week on completing their SATs. They have all worked extremely hard throughout the year and all the staff are so very proud of them!
Well done year six!
- This afternoon, year 6 had a great time following instructions to create LEGO figures. We then wrote instructions to go along with the pictures.
Here are some of our creations:
- Class 3 have had a very creative afternoon creating our own Roman vase designs. I am so impressed at how carefully they have thought about their designs, well done Class 3! You have done some lovely pieces of work.
- We have learnt about the celebration of Chinese New Year! We have created our own blossom pictures!
- The children created some amazing 3D shapes on Friday! They used the keywords we have looked at to write key facts. We'll done, everyone!!
- The Year 3 and 4 children have created some wonderful things to help decorate our school at Christmas Time! We are now preparing to create a collage to celebrate 'The Year of Mercy'. Keep an eye out for our eye catching display!
- Look at how clever we are!!! We are all doing so well with learning to read. See how we can swap our sounds to make new words.
- Three Year Six children achieved 100% attendance this year. Here they are with their proud parents and their special 'well done' vouchers.
- We are so proud of you!
- Baby ducks came to visit the children in nursery today. The children enjoyed watching them waddle around the carpet.
Here's a first!!
The baby duck took its very first dip in the water- how cheeky, using our water tray as a pond!!
- As part of our animals topic the children enjoyed looking at some chicks that came to visit nursery. The children asked questions about how to look after them and what they liked to eat. They finished off the session by singing 'Chick, chick, chick, chick chicken'
- Reception Class have been having lots of fun learning our new school Mission Statement. They have done an amazing job!
- The Art Club have completed our new Mission Statement Display! We thought about what our mission statement meant to us and created signs and symbols to represent it! We can't wait to see it on display and are looking forward to finding out what everyone thinks! Keep your eyes out for other art work to come!
- To introduce our new Come and See topic 'Celebrating', we decided to have a 'Welcome back to School' class party. The children prepared for their celebration by writing an invitation to their friend and by helping to decide what things we would need. We had lots of fun playing party games and eating lots of yummy party food!
- Reception Class have had a fantastic morning exploring our tray filled with frozen ice. The children realised that the rain water had frozen over night and that the ice would melt throughout the day. They did a brilliant job at describing what the ice looked and felt like!
The children then came up with the idea of leaving different objects in water over night to see whether they will be frozen in the morning.
- Tomorrow year 6 start their bikeability training. Look out for photos and quotes from the children to see what they get up to.
You may already be aware that the National Union of Teachers has today made the decision to take strike action on 10th July 2014, regarding the ongoing dispute over pay, pensions and workload.
10th July is the same day as proposed strike action by UNISON, GMB and Unite members as part of an ongoing dispute over pay and conditions and this will include some school support staff.
This could result in a partial/whole school closure. I shall endeavour to keep you fully informed as and when I am made aware of those members of staff who shall be striking.
- Thank you to everyone who has donated bottled goods and chocolate bars for the summer fair Tombola. The PTA have been working hard to organise refreshments and stalls; as have the year 6 children who are working well in their business enterprise teams. Let's hope we have some lovely weather on the 28th June to make the day as successful as it was last year. The next PTA meeting will take place here at school on Tuesday 24th June at 6pm. if you are interested in supporting the PTA in any way, please come along to the meeting. Thank you!
- Today year 6 have been researching the artist Andy Goldsworthy, looking closely at his artwork and the materials he uses. They are going to use his work as inspiration to create their own work at Formby Beach on Friday. Look out for pictures of their final pieces.
This half term, year 6 are reading the fantastic 'Holes' by Louis Sachar. They are very excited to find out what happens to Stanley Yelnats, who is the main character in the story.
- The children and teachers arrived at Robinwood safe and sound this morning. I have spoken to Mrs Griffiths this evening, and she reports that the children are well and have had a great day. She tells me that they are tired now after a very busy day. Hopefully, they will get a good nights sleep and be ready for another action packed day tomorrow.
- Welcome to our new class blog.
- Welcome to our new class blog.