School News Headteacher Our Catholic Life
Nursery Reception Year 1 Year 2
Year 3 Year 4 Year 5 Year 6
PTA Literacy Focus
We hope you will enjoy exploring our blogs and join with us to support and encourage our children in their learning by leaving comments on our posts. Click here for help with leaving comments.
- We have been representing data in different ways and making our own 3D bar graphs.
We need an axis, scale, title, key and labels.
- We went on a protest as underpants with banners exclaiming how we feel about our monster treating us dreadfully.
Underpants rule! Save our elastic! Underpants have feelings to!
- We are being news reporters in class. We have been to a monster disco with flashing lights and crazy monster music. We can tell you who was there, what they were doing and how they were doing it.
The bright lights were twirling crazily onto the dark walls. How silly the monsters were! We waited excitedly to go in.
- In science we are learning all about light! We have been looking at how light is reflected off a surface to help us see.
This afternoon we have made our own periscopes and have had lots of fun looking through them!
- Today some of our year 5 and 6 children have been to play in a dodgeball tournament. The children did great and both teams came joint 4th!
Well done everyone!
We'll definitely have to arrange a play off at lunch time!
- Today, some of our children have learnt how to play pop lacrosse. After spending the morning practising their skills, the children participated in a competition at the end!
We came 3rd and 5th in our groups, well done to everyone who took part!
- It was really tough but you did a great job. Super mathematicians.
Today we have started our Chinese New Year celebrations. We have learnt that this is the year of the rooster, we have made some swirling ribbons and even paraded a Chinese dragon around in PE!
We have lots more exciting activities coming up this week!
- We had a very exciting visit to school, from the Life Education bus. In our visit we talked about parts of our bodies, what we need to do to stay healthy and clean and take care of ourselves. The children had lots of fun meeting Harold the giraffe, who taught them some very important messages.
We talked about different body parts and positioned the heart, lungs and stomach in the correct places on the body.
We met Harold the giraffe, who told us lots of information about keeping healthy. We helped him to get ready for his first day in Nursery.
We then did a little dancing and exercise and thought about what was happening to our heart beat and how it made us feel out of breath.
Then we did it all again, for our afternoon friends...
- The most exciting part of our party was Santa coming to visit. We were all so lucky to get a present from him.
Ask your child to sing one of the many Christmas songs we have been learning in Nursery.
- In mathematics this week year 1 are learning all about subtraction. We are using cubes to take away, drawing diagrams to help us and using our fingers to count backwards.
We have been learning about spelling patterns this morning, we have been choosing the correct "oo" sound. As in room, rule, and blue.
We are also busy learning our tricky word spellings and seeing if we can speed read and speed write them.
- This morning year 1 have performed their advent assembly for the rest of the school and their parents. We are so proud of each and every one of them. They have all worked so hard learning their words and songs.
- Class 3 have really impressed me with their programming skills in Computing today, we have been looking at looping algorithms, it was tricky but we worked as part of team to solve the mazes!
We'll done, everyone!
The children have worked together to create our wonderful displays. Well Done everyone!
- We all looked fabulous in our costumes. We took it in turns to stand up and show our costumes to our friends.
We couldn't believe the effort that had been put into the carving of our pumpkins. They looked marvellous on our pumpkin patch.
Then we tasted some scrumptious Halloween treats. Ask your child which was their favourite?
We had lots of fun playing party games, like 'best dancer' and 'musical scares,'we all tried our best.
- Year 6 enjoying Scooter Day!
- We had fun going on the scooters today. We were riding over wooden ramps and whizzing around the tight bends.
"My favourite bit was the see saw ramp." Erin
"I liked the loud music as I went around." Kian
"My best bit was the up and down ramp. I did a jump." Abigail
"I liked the smooth path." Lottee
- We visited the new wetlands area at Golborne High School today and we had a fabulous time.
We looked at maps and pictures of our local area and thought about how these places make us feel, before heading off to the wetlands to make some more observations. We sketched things that we found interesting and made notes on how we felt in the wetlands environment. Mrs Thorpe from Golborne High School also helped us to do some super science work, testing the PH of the water to make sure the water is safe for animals and plants, and thinking about the wetlands as a habitat. These were the comments from some of the children:
Matthew - I felt clam and relaxed because of the flowers and the water.
Hannah - The open spaces made me feel free.
Eve - I feel inspired to know that people have made this area because they care for our environment and want us to learn.
Thank you very much Golborne High School.
- We had great fun making our curry sauce and choosing the vegetables we would like in our curry sauce. Everyone worked really well to chop the stinky garlic and grate the onions, even though they made us cry!
- What a brilliant trip we had to Robin Park Arena to watch the orchestra perform the BBC's 'Ten Pieces'. We even got to join in with this wonderful concert when we performed 'Connect It', a body percussion piece of music.
- We have had lots of fun with Miss Collins and the team this year and we have learned lots of great new skills.
- Congratulations to all the year six children this week on completing their SATs. They have all worked extremely hard throughout the year and all the staff are so very proud of them!
Well done year six!
- This afternoon, year 6 had a great time following instructions to create LEGO figures. We then wrote instructions to go along with the pictures.
Here are some of our creations:
- The Year 3 and 4 children have created some wonderful things to help decorate our school at Christmas Time! We are now preparing to create a collage to celebrate 'The Year of Mercy'. Keep an eye out for our eye catching display!
- Look at how clever we are!!! We are all doing so well with learning to read. See how we can swap our sounds to make new words.
- Three Year Six children achieved 100% attendance this year. Here they are with their proud parents and their special 'well done' vouchers.
- We are so proud of you!
- The Art Club have completed our new Mission Statement Display! We thought about what our mission statement meant to us and created signs and symbols to represent it! We can't wait to see it on display and are looking forward to finding out what everyone thinks! Keep your eyes out for other art work to come!
- Tomorrow year 6 start their bikeability training. Look out for photos and quotes from the children to see what they get up to.
You may already be aware that the National Union of Teachers has today made the decision to take strike action on 10th July 2014, regarding the ongoing dispute over pay, pensions and workload.
10th July is the same day as proposed strike action by UNISON, GMB and Unite members as part of an ongoing dispute over pay and conditions and this will include some school support staff.
This could result in a partial/whole school closure. I shall endeavour to keep you fully informed as and when I am made aware of those members of staff who shall be striking.
- Thank you to everyone who has donated bottled goods and chocolate bars for the summer fair Tombola. The PTA have been working hard to organise refreshments and stalls; as have the year 6 children who are working well in their business enterprise teams. Let's hope we have some lovely weather on the 28th June to make the day as successful as it was last year. The next PTA meeting will take place here at school on Tuesday 24th June at 6pm. if you are interested in supporting the PTA in any way, please come along to the meeting. Thank you!
- Today year 6 have been researching the artist Andy Goldsworthy, looking closely at his artwork and the materials he uses. They are going to use his work as inspiration to create their own work at Formby Beach on Friday. Look out for pictures of their final pieces.
This half term, year 6 are reading the fantastic 'Holes' by Louis Sachar. They are very excited to find out what happens to Stanley Yelnats, who is the main character in the story.
- The children and teachers arrived at Robinwood safe and sound this morning. I have spoken to Mrs Griffiths this evening, and she reports that the children are well and have had a great day. She tells me that they are tired now after a very busy day. Hopefully, they will get a good nights sleep and be ready for another action packed day tomorrow.
- Welcome to our new class blog.
- Welcome to our new class blog.